My Dwarf personality-Bashful
Some Strengths which Bashful may exhibit in a Group Meeting:
* Does well in a focused and structured environment where the task at
hand is clear.
* Highly observant
* Compelled to help others in need and are very sensitive to other
* Hard working, warm, and generous
* Particularly in tune with their senses - observing, hearing, feeling
what is going on in the meeting
* Very accepting of other's viewpoints.
* Tends to be traditional and conservative.
* Remembers facts and details.
* Does well when paired up with another person.
Some Difficult Behaviors which Bashful may exhibit in a Group Meeting:
* Looks shy
* May actually blush when spoken to
* May avoid eye contact, look down, bow their head a little bit
* May avoid looking at group leader, hoping not to be called on.
* May try to hide in the middle of the group
* Generally quiet
* Waits to hear others' views before expressing his or hers
* Sometimes speaks in a muffled voice; hard to hear
Assumed Feelings Underlying BOTH Strengths and Weaknesses for Bashful:
* May be frightened of being exposed and/or humiliated
* May believe he or she has some socially unacceptable secret
* May feel ashamed
* May not have had enough experience being listened to carefully. May
have grown up in an environment where their talk was not encouraged.
it is innappropriate to talk or take center stage.
How to Leverage Bashful Strengths:
* Pair them with another person - they come out of their introverted
style somewhat when they are paired up with another person that they
* Give them time to jot down their reactions before calling upon them
(so they can prepare a non-embarrassing response)
* Ask them what they have observed in the group (since they have
probably been busy collecting facts).
* To reduce their anxiety, stress the fact that you will be addressing
the issues in a structured, organized manner. (Review the outline or
discussion guide for the group with them to the extent possible)
* Give them recognition for their attention to detail and recall of
* Avoid asking them to respond in an impromptu manner
* If you can anticipate that your target will have a number of
bashfuls, you might consider giving them a
* homework assignment so that they can think through the subject at
hand before attending the research
Potential Interventions to Diffuse Bashful Problems:
* When any hint of an embarrassing feeling or thought is admitted,
Universalize!, "Lots of people feel that way."
* Acknowledge that many topics are embarrassing to discuss
* Be sensitive to non-verbal cues, don't push too hard, pause in your
speech and gently listen
* Encourage with touch (back of chair, not body ... to feel presence
but not be intimidated)
* Ask Bashful to read a response verbatim (a no risk participatory
* Give praise
* Stand to his right (this is often experienced as supportive).
General Description of Bashful Personality:
Bashfuls are warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best in
They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive
other people's feelings. Bashfuls have a highly active fertile inner
that is not usually obvious to observers. They are constantly taking in
information about people and situations that is personally important to
them, and storing it for later use. This tremendous store of knowledge
usually amazingly accurate, because the Bashful personality has an
exceptional memory about things that are important to their value
It would not be uncommon for Bashful to remember a particular facial
expression or conversation in precise detail years after the event
if the situation made an impression on Bashful.
In a meeting, Bashful tends to keep a low profile. While very quiet and
unlikely to make eye contact with the leader, Bashful is fully
participating, taking everything in. He doesn't miss a beat with regard
sights, sounds and senses. Bashful is very conscious that his/her
of other people or their ideas can hurt their feelings, and if asked
feedback regarding another person will steadfastly refrain from
Bashfuls have a very clear idea of the way things should be, which they
strive to attain. They value kindness, and respect traditions and laws.
tend to believe that existing rules are there because they work.
they're not likely to buy into doing things in a new way, unless
shown in a concrete way why its better than the established method.
Bashfuls learn through their senses more than books. They watch and
to master what they need to do, more so than taking information in
academic means. They value practical application. Traditional methods
higher education, which require a lot of theorizing and abstraction,
likely to be a chore for Bashful.
Bashfuls are loyal are dependable. They believe in and follow time
traditions. They may come from strict religious upbringings and while
may no longer adhere to the doctrines in a routinized manner, they
the spirit of the law.
Bashfuls have an artistic sense or appreciation. They have a
sense of space, function, and aesthetic appeal. This special ability,
combined with their sensitivity to other's feelings and desires, makes
very likely to be great gift-givers - finding the right gift which will
truly appreciated by the recipient.
More so than other types, Bashfuls are attuned to their own internal
feelings, as well as other people's feelings. They do not usually
their own feelings, keeping things inside. If they are negative
they may build up inside Bashfuls until they turn into firm judgments
against individuals which are difficult to unseed, once set. Bashfuls
to learn to express themselves, and find outlets for their powerful
emotions. Under the apparent calm is a passionate person.
Just as Bashfuls are not likely to express their feelings, they are
likely to let on that they know how others are feeling. However, they
speak up when they feel another individual really needs help, and in
cases they can truly help others become aware of their feelings.
Bashfuls feel a strong sense of responsibility and duty. They take
responsibilities very seriously, and can be counted on to follow
For this reason, people naturally tend to rely on them. Bashfuls have a
difficult time saying "no" when asked to do something, and may become
over-burdened. In such cases, Bashfuls do not usually express their
difficulties to others, because they intensely dislike conflict, and
they tend to place other people's needs over their own. Bashfuls need
learn to identify, value, and express their own needs, if they wish to
becoming over-worked and taken for granted.
Bashfuls need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive
feedback, or in the face of criticism, they become discouraged, and may
become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress,
begin to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in
life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced
"everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".
Bashfuls are warm, generous, and dependable. They have many special
offer, in their sensitivity to others, and their strong ability to keep
things running smoothly. They need to remember to not be overly
themselves, and to give themselves some of the warmth and love which
freely dispense to others.
WoW! is that ME or what?!?!http://www.snowwhitetest.com/ Current Mood: cheerful